Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sunday's Sermon Will Not Be Posted

I'm afraid that I will not be able to post Sunday's sermon on Absalom's Revolt because the entire sermon was not recorded properly. I apologize if any of you were looking forward to listening to it. If its any solace, I was looking forward to listening to it too.

As some of you know, I personally record my sermons with a small digital recorder. Evidently I jostled the recorder during the sermon and stopped the recording after only a few minutes. My apologies for this.

Otherwise, I was pleased with Sunday's sermon. It was a little long, but I was reminded on Sunday evening when talking to one of my colleagues that the story of David and Absalom is unbelievably complex. In fact, these chapters of 2 Samuel are remarkably dense. The narrative is lean and mean. So trying to work through the story (or frankly, parts of the story -- I skipped over several details of the story in the interest of both time and coherence) is a time-consuming endeavor.

2 comments:

JC said...

Your sermons are not too long, Josh. On the contrary, I find you so knowledgeable and interesting that I become engrossed in what you have to say and the time flies by. Janet

Roger D. Curry said...

1 - I dare not contradict mine beloved, lest I get a thorough thumpin'.

2 - In truth, I begin to dimly see parallels. Which, if understood, will enable me to concoct even greater heresies.

R