Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August 26 Worship: "What I Did on My Summer Vacation"

We had an emotional worship service on Sunday -- one that affected me powerfully and made me find some quiet space to reflect that afternoon.  It is always moving to have someone share their struggles and their hope in the face of challenge.  It also is moving to have another choose to join our congregation as we travel along this pilgrim's way.  And we had both on Sunday.

As might be obvious from my sermon title, I had limited expectations for worship, feeling like it is part of our "winding down" of summer before we "wind up" and begin activities in the fall.  Then again, maybe it was a living out of my reflections on Sabbath -- that given time to reflect and be, God still teaches us, usually giving unexpected lessons.  My extended testimony given on Sunday, which was what the sermon was, were inspired by the description of the Sabbath year for the land proscribed by God for the Hebrews.

If you missed the sermon on Sunday, if you'd like to listen to it again, or if you'd like to share it with others, you can find an audio recording here.

No comments: