Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pastor to a President?

Imagine my surprise when I saw this photo, courtesy of The Tennessean.



(You can see the original photo source here.)

In this photo, you can clearly see two well-dressed men participating in a town hall meeting/debate. And one of them is Brett, a member of Central Christian.

I'm feeling very out of touch. I didn't even know Brett was running.

Kidding aside, I'm thrilled to learn that Brett has been a stand-in for John McCain in the preparations for the second 2008 Presidential Debate, which is being hosted by Belmont University (where Brett is a student).

Rumor is, for his effort (work really) the past few days, Brett gets to attend the debate. I'm very excited for him and look forward to hearing his report on all this.

4 comments:

Roger D. Curry said...

As it is inappropriate to make political observations in a church setting, I will conceal my opinion that Brett has a better character, more intelligence, more good will and an overall better chance of doing a decent job than those actually nominated by the conventions. Nobody ask me my opinion, I'm just not going to reveal it.

Roger-the-Discreet

Anonymous said...

Roger, I am sure that Brett will enjoy your comments. He really enjoyed the experience and learned alot. He spent 3 days on this project and actually did get to attend the debate. When it first began , he thought he was only to "stand in" for McCain. It became more stressful when he realized that he actually would be answering questions regarding current issues in front of a crowd. I look forward to talking with him more about it this weekend in Nashville.

Roger D. Curry said...

Friend Josh, beware of ambition. When you become truly Pastor to the President, it may not be Brett. It may be the modern day, say, Warren Gamaliel Harding, that upstanding example who reminds us that, yes, things can get pretty darn bad.

Roger-the-fearer-of-Mojo-gods

Joshua Patty said...

Roger,

If he was the modern Harding, I'd at least get to play a lot of poker at the White House.

Josh