Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 19 Worship: "Dust: The Curse of the Serpent"

On Sunday, we began our journey toward Easter.  We also began our special collection for Week of Compassion, the emergency relief ministry of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), with a special moment for mission given by Paul Wallace.

The sermon, the first in our "Curses" series for Lent, focused on the Fall of Adam and Eve, told in Genesis 3.  We considered some of the consequences we live with due to the first sin in "Dust: The Curse of the Serpent."  As a pastor, I must confess that I find it difficult to preach about sin effectively -- I don't want to be completely depressing because I have hope in Christ, but I don't want to be too dismissive because the problems caused by sinfulness are all too real.  I think the balance on Sunday was about right, though.

If you missed the sermon, if you'd like to listen to it again, or if you'd like to share it with others, you can find an audio recording here.

No comments: