Thursday, April 19, 2012

April 15 Worship: "The Morning After"

Our celebration on Sunday, with my official installation as the senior minister of Eastgate, was joyous.  From my point of view, I thought it was a great day for all of us.  My family and friends enjoyed meeting so many wonderful people, and I thought that the worship was a hopeful expression of our faith and our ministry together.

The sermon about Jacob wrestling and the aftermath of that struggle is a personal one for me, and I have shared it with every congregation where I have served.  Entitled "The Morning After (There's Got To Be a Morning After)," it focuses on the scars of our lives that mark the important events that shape us and our relationships with God.  While I know that I have not faced the deep challenges that many have in their lives, like all of us I have had my growing pains, and this sermon reflects my understanding of how those can be blessings, rather than curses, from God.

If you missed the sermon on Sunday, if you'd like to listen to it again, or if you'd like to share it with someone, you can find an audio recording here.

No comments: