Friday, April 13, 2012

Looking Back at Holy Week

I am still recovering from the emotions and the energy of Holy Week and Easter Sunday.  In some ways, I'm a bit numb from the experience (and probably more than a bit tired too), so I haven't reflected as much on the week as I would like.

Still, I found Holy Week to be personally moving and I believe it was a growing experience for Eastgate.  We stretched ourselves, doing many new things that I hope gave us a deeper appreciation for Christ's crucifixion, death, and resurrection and its meaning for all of us.  As I tried to share in meditations and sermons, I found great, recurring examples of love throughout the tragic story.

If you missed one of the services, if you would like to listen to one of my sermons or meditations again, or if you'd like to share them with others, you can find audio links below:
There is no rest for the weary, though.  While the Sunday after Easter is usually a quiet day (in fact, many ministers take that day off), we are celebrating our shared ministry at Eastgate with my official installation as the senior minister.  It should be an opportunity to celebrate together and enjoy each others company as we remind ourselves of the covenant of ministry we share.  There will be some special guests who will be participating in the service, as well as a pot luck dinner following. 

For the sermon, I'll be reflecting on Jacob's wrestling match with God and its aftermath in a special sermon entitled, "The Morning After (There's Got to Be a Morning After)."  I'm looking forward to it, and I hope that it will be a special weekend for Eastgate.

No comments: