Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The What of Prayer: Discernment

Open my eyes, Lord, so that I may see more clearly and more broadly.  Help me to look beyond my own limitations – beyond my selfishness, beyond my egotism, beyond my daily cares.  Help me to see the world in which I live more clearly, so that I may better understand my place within it.

Open my eyes, Lord, so that I may see more clearly and more broadly.  Help me to see that I am you spirit-led creation, full of purpose and opportunity.  Help me to see the opportunities you provide me to serve and live more fully.  Give me the courage to ask others for their advice and grant me ears to listen to them.

Open my eyes, Lord, so that I may see more clearly and more broadly.  Help me to see your hands throughout creation.  Lead me with your spirit to live in this world with wiser compassion and spirit-filled love.  Allow me to always glimpse your many graces in my life and the lives of those around me.

Today's Prayer Prompt: Think about an opportunity to do something different that you’ve been thinking about for a while.  Ask for God’s direction about this opportunity when you pray today.

No comments: