Friday, October 16, 2009

Coming Up Sunday, October 18

Our celebration of the "Month of the Ministry" continues this week as we consider the ministry of outreach. It is essential for faithful Christians to not only develop their personal relationships with God and with each other; they also need to reach out with Christian love and charity to meet the needs of the wider world.

Jesus did this throughout his ministry. Not only did he help people build better relationships with God, he also quietly reached out and helped those in need around him. If they had questions, he would answer them. If they were sick, he healed them. If they were hungry, he multiplied the loaves and the fishes. And then he suggested that his disciples were to do likewise.

"When I was hungry, you fed me. When I was naked you clothed me," says the Lord. "When did I do that," the disciple asks. "As much as you have done to those in need, you have done to me."

We will also celebrate our outreach ministries, in the Fairmont community and in the wider world.

No comments: