Friday, October 9, 2009

Successful Church Innovation

Earlier this evening, I saw the beginning of the Blue Angel's meeting to participate in our Strategic Ministry Planning process. I was thrilled with the turnout, and I am confident that many good ideas were discussed. And I am sure that the Green and Red teams meetings will be good when they are held in the next few days.

This evening, I came across an article about innovation in another congregation's children's ministry. While the beginning of the article is interesting, I was struck by the six bullet points at the end of the article, which seem to me to be "spot on" in describing what a successful progress in ministry entails.

As our planning process continues, as we strive to determine where we will concentrate our efforts in the years ahead and then as we work to make those dreams reality, I hope we keep these six bullet points in mind. Pay attention to what's important. Watch and learn. Be patient. Experiment. Be willing to make mistakes. Celebrate progress together.

No comments: