Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January 15 Worship: "Quo Vadimus: Is This a Wedding or a Funeral?"

I really enjoyed our worship on Sunday.  It certainly felt like the Holy Spirit was alive and moving throughout our gathering together.  Personally, I left feeling inspired and hopeful.

During the sermon, I continued our series "Quo Vadimus (Where Are We Going?)", raising the issue of the attitude we bring to our life of faith individually and to the church.  While there are reasons for concern, the larger issue is how we approach our faith: are we embarrassed or excited?  Is life in our congregation more like a wedding celebration or a depressing funeral?  Personally, I think we have many reasons for hope and excitement, which I touched on in the sermon.

If you missed Sunday's sermon, if you would like to listen to it again, or if you would like to share it with others, you can find an audio recording here.

No comments: